12 April 2010

Breastfeeding in Public


I have a little huge fear of breastfeeding in public. I’m so nervous that I’m going to expose myself trying to get William latched on or I would offend someone.

I fed William right before leaving the house to go tubing, hoping he would hold out until we got back home. As luck would have it, my bean decided to wake up for a diaper change and a meal. I thought, “Oh boy, here we go!”

I looked around the lodge trying to find the best spot where I wouldn’t be seen- there was none. Not only I was surrounded by people, but an entire ski team of kids with their parents! I kept waiting for one of the fathers to give me a weird look, a kid that’s a little too curious, or a mother to say something to me for breastfeeding in front of their children.

After all was said and done, no one seemed to notice. RELIEF! It’s going to take some time/more feedings to become brave with this whole “breastfeeding in public” thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment