12 April 2010

39 Weeks



I had my 39 week prenatal appointment today.

They had some concerns, so we ran another urine and blood test. It turns out that my kidney’s are still leaking protein. Starting tomorrow, I have to do a 24 hour urine collection (same as I did a couple of months ago) to see how serious this has gotten. Most likely, I have developed preeclampsia- which will result in having a medical induction.

With that said- I’m scheduled for a medical induction this Thursday. I am saddened by this news because I wanted to much for my body to deliver this baby on it’s own. I’m NOT looking forward to having pitocin pumped into me from an IV bag- been there, done that- definitely not a walk-in-the-park! However, I’m looking forward to meeting my bean in less than 48 hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment