31 January 2011

Happy Dance. We got orders...

First off I’d like to say, welcome to my new readers! Please bare with me as I try to catch up to all of your blogs and respond to your emails and comments! I’m overwhelmed with all of the wonderful compliments that you guys have given. I greatly, greatly appreciate it!

My batteries are recharged. I’m feeling refreshed and energized and I’m ready to tackle any challenges given at hand. Life has a funny way of making everything even out. We all travel through the highest of peaks and the lowest of valleys; some of us even have to travel the long way around the mountain, and that’s okay too. In the long run, we all get to the place where we belong, a soul satisfying place.

“The grass is always greener where you water it.”

There are still layers of ice and snow on the ground that proves that winter is still among us, showing zero signs of spring. Even through the layers of white fluffy snow, my grass is green- a nice shade of chartreuse to be exact. In fact, I’m seeing an endless array of grass blades sprinkled over acres of prairies, nicely tucked under a canvas of bright manganese blue skies. And to add to the romance of my daydream, let’s add puffball clouds, bare feet, yellow sundresses, daisy hair wreaths, and picnics on patchwork quilts.

Are you feeling me? Are you picking up what I’m putting down?

That’s right folks, we have orders!

*DING! HAPPY TIME!*

This is big life changing news people! My heart is twisting and turning and flipping in so many ways, all in different directions. There are so many emotions running through my body at this exact moment that I’m having trouble wrapping my head around it.

I’m blessed. Absolutely, 100%, no doubt about it, I. Am. Blessed!

I’m calling all the people I love, and shouting out the good news...







WE’RE MOVING TO OKLAHOMA!!!!!!!!!

There is so much to prepare:

  • Service the car
  • Passports
  • Proper documentation
  • Schedule TWO separate shipping dates
  • Ship off one vehicle
  • 30 day notice with housing plus housing inspection
  • Sort through our stuff and donate unwanted/unneeded items
  • Hire a maid and a carpet cleaning service
  • Plan a road trip and book a spot on the ferry (if we don’t drive through Canada)
  • Book TLF on Elmendorf AFB
  • Book TLF on Tinker AFB
  • Housing Hunting
  • Research Schools
  • Research the art scene and local galleries
  • …and much more.

Shew, it’s a good thing my batteries are recharged!

I’m going to go crank up "Walking on Sunshine", and do a happy dance.

Happy Monday,

Em


3 comments:

  1. That's awesome that you guys are going to OK! That's where I'm from! Our family is in the OKC area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wooohooo!!!!! Congrats!!!!!! I know you are so over the moon excited! Isn't it wonderful when you get orders to a happy place!

    I have to tell you, my son came in and asked me if he could get it bike out to ride it, and I told him that he had to dance to your song "I'm walking on sunshine". It was awesome seeing him dance as your music was jammed up on high!

    And, I love that you said, "the grass is always greener where you water"...I've never heard that one..it's always been, "the grass is always greener on the other side".

    Congrats!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your move to Oklahoma, sounds like a great place to live, the grass is greener where you water it:)

    ReplyDelete