13 October 2010

Nothing and Everything

This week has been a complete whirlwind of emotion. I suppose the only getting four hours of sleep over the past three weeks has finally caught up to me. William has developed this “witching hour” during the night from roughly 1-5AM- give or take- where he wakes up every 15 minutes. It’s absolutely hair-pulling, and I hate feeling that way- the feeling of frustration. I want to enjoy mommyhood, both the good and the bad. But with my support system- the hubster- by my side I’m getting through it.

We’ve been dealing with sleep deprivation by doing a lot of this:





And of course, a lot of begging. Please William, please go to sleep. Pleeeeeeeease!


I just have to keep reminding myself that God doesn’t give us more than we can handle and that this too shall pass.

And so it did. After three exhausting weeks, William is now only waking up 2-3 times a night- last night only one time, thank God!


Shhh, don’t let him hear you cheering!




William’s better night’s sleep isn’t the only good news over in the Roe Household. Friday, Krysta came home from school with a bundle of flowers as a reward from her teacher for being so respectful. She was beaming from ear to ear, and my cheeks where hurting from smiling so much, so wide. Even now as I type, I’m still beaming. The little things like this lets me know that, hey I am doing something right. I am raising a well-rounded, respectful little girl, and it’s being noticed.






A few days later, my sore cheeks returned as I got a double dose of pride when she brought home the certificate she received for her good behavior.





I’m seriously *this* proud of her. She is rocking out second grade like it’s nobody’s business!





**********************************************************************************

As one child is gaining teeth…



Yes, baby wipes helps him with teething. Go figure!


another one is losing them. We had another visit from the Tooth Fairy. Krysta’s losing teeth faster than they’re growing back! I swear, if we keep this up, she’ll only be able to eat mashed potatoes and jello.





**********************************************************************************

Over the past week, if it’s not rainy, it has been cold and foggy, and if it’s not foggy, then it’s cold and rainy. Either way, the weather held us up indoors- well, more like held us captive.

We didn’t fight it. We surrendered and embraced our time together within the four walls of our home. We played games, laughed, ate meals off schedule, and stayed in our pajamas longer than we should have.






And it was just what we needed. A day of nothingness that was everything all in one.








PS Check out these pictures. Aren’t they totally Halloween? So eerie.





Top Mommy Blogs - Vote for us @ TopMommyBlogs.Com!

the long road

3 comments:

  1. Oh dear, so many great shots! The last ones do look very dramatic and very fall. Your children are beautiful and I know how difficult it can be when they don't sleep. Trust me...I know!

    Erika B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad I'm not the only one surrounded with eerie fog. My baby and I went for a walk in the cemetery and wasn't sure if we would make it back to the gate. I enjoyed all your photos thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Emily. I love reading your blogs. Especially when I'm having emotionally gloomy days. your blog can always make people smile. keep it up you are an amazing writer! and LOVE all the photo's. amazing every time!

    ReplyDelete