24 January 2013

Catamaran, Baby!


What’s better than a double rainbow? Sailing on a catamaran!

Sunday morning, we awoke early to get an early start on our day. We had reservations to board a catamaran out of Waikiki—which, in my opinion, is the best reason to roll out of bed. I wasn’t sure how the kids would take to being out in the ocean, but they loved every moment. Zipping over waves and crashing down with a huge bang, sent Krysta and William into fits of laughter as the water drenched them from head to toe. Their happiness was contagious.

I loved being out on the ocean, with the wind in my hair and sun on my face. It gave me a feeling of pure weightless freedom. So surreal.




The views were breathtaking. Seeing Honolulu from a new perspective-- the panoramic view of Honolulu’s cityscape, with lush mountains in the background and the sparkling aqua ocean below our feet was heaven. Plus, seeing two sea turtles pop up alongside the boat wasn’t too shabby.




It was a memorable day; one that I would love to relive.
Em

 William singing into a seashell. He has music in his bones.

No comments:

Post a Comment