18 March 2011

Erin Go Braugh.

The night before Saint Patrick’s Day, I set a reminder on my cell to dress Krysta in green. I’m finding I need these little self-reminders more and more as the days go by. There’s so much on our plates right now, that if it’s not written down, it doesn’t get accomplished. But, as much as we have going on, I know that it’s only the calm before the storm.

So, in honor of “the calm before the storm”, I’m going to set forth and celebrate our small happenings, like world-wide holidays.

Saint Patrick’s Day.


Our Saint Patty’s Day was filled with green things, clover things, and Irish things that make you just a wee bit tipsy.

Everyone was decked out in green with shamrocks and greeting one another with a smile on their face, saying “Happy St. Patrick’s Day”. I love it when people from all walks of life come together to celebrate a common theme, such as Christmas and Forth of July. It’s a good feeling to know that we’re all alike in more ways than we think and we can come together to form a common bond.


I used to have a thing for Ireland, an obsession really. Still do in a way. I love how the Irish carry this high on life persona, making even the biggest Debbie Downer happy. Though I’ve only seen Ireland through photographs and books, I’d love to see the green rolling hills where it kisses the bright blue sky, fields of sheep, stone walls, and fallen castles in person --that would be such slice of heaven.

To sit in an Irish Pub, while eating a real Rubén with a tall glass of Guinness in October is on my bucket list. Just saying.


My favorite Irish Blessing:

"May the road rise to meet you,
May the wind be always at your back,
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
The rains fall soft upon your fields,
And until we meet again,
May God hold you
In the palm of his hand."

Erin Go Braugh!
~Em

No comments:

Post a Comment