30 September 2010

A week of "Lasts"

As the rest of the U.S. prepares for autumn, mine is coming to an end. *sigh*

Fall in Alaska is just too shortly lived; like two weeks shortly lived… then it’s gone. Already the temps have dipped into the 30’s and 40’s, the air has thinned out, and the birch trees are almost naked- it’s the beginning of winter, baby! I’m now “preheating” my car before taking Krysta to school, bundling up tiny fingers and ears, and the random clicking of the heater is a common sound heard throughout our home.








As autumn is coming to a close, so is Elmendorf AFB’s Youth Football season. Krysta shook her red, white, and blue pom-poms and gave one last cheer to the Boys of Fall. It was the perfect day for giving a last hoorah to cheerleading. The air was cool and crisp, but we were graced with warmth from the sun’s rays. If this day could be any type of drink, it would’ve been a pumpkin spiced latte. Delish.












For the last dance of the season, Krysta got to be a flier. This was a BIG moment for her! And our hearts were spilling over with pride.








And speaking of pride, check out my future Top Gun. Isn’t he just the handsomest little thing you’ve ever layed eyes on? He has seriously stolen my heart. Swoon.



You can get this adorable Football Hat from CynsationalTreasure !



Thanks Tabetha, for the awesome bomber jacket! We LOVE it!



I’m going to close today with a few videos:






Enjoy your weekend... and those fresh fallen leaves!






~Em

3 comments:

  1. OK I am sooo jealous looking through your pics, I grew up in Alaska, ok well went to HS there at Bartlett right outside of Elmendorf. My dads AF and now my husband is, sadly we had to move away from AK! you are so lucky and I love all the pics. Makes me miss home

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky! I've always wanted to live in Alaska. You have a beautiful family :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable pictures! I LOVE the little guy's hat. That is too stinkin' cute!

    Thanks for stopping by my mamarazzi post (: L started eating solids twice a day around her 5-6 month age, I believe. We started her on cereals at 4 months and by 5-6 she was getting cereals in the morning and a veggie at night and at 6 months, we tryed meats. Now she's moving into stage 3 foods and some finger foods!

    It's crazy how fast they grow...

    ReplyDelete