19 July 2012

I Ride Rainbows

I like you.

I like you a whole whole ton.

I even like you more than Shark Week on the Discovery Channel, and that’s saying a lot.




Krysta ran proclaiming, “TODAY’S BEST DAY EVER!!!!”

And it was.


This island is bursting with beauty and sparks of inspiration in every direction. I’m convinced that when the world was created, God gave Hawaii extra doses of All Things Good.

It ignites my core to watch my babies run fearlessly over white sands into an ocean of turquoise. The scene forces me to pull out nostalgic memories of my brothers and I splashing through the Atlantic Beach waves. My fire has officially been relit, and my creativity cannot be contained. Floods of color fill my veins and it tingles my every cell. I want to paint the world through my eyes in vibrant shades of yellow, lime, and aqua, and every rainbow in between-- which I will paint as soon as I return home. I’m already thinking ahead to the future, finding ways to transplant this blossom of happiness and inspiration in our Midwest home and harvesting the seeds from my new found island love.





Growing up, drip castles were how we constructed our sandcastles. We didn’t have fancy molds or shovels, just a bucket mixed with sand and water. Little by little, drip by drip we let the wet sand run through our finger tips until a castle mound was created.



Today, Krysta created a village.



Today, William destroyed that village.

William was happy; Krysta was not.



When you add a rope swing to a tropical beach, the I like you meter skyrockets to I love you. Does it get any more free than this? I'll tell you, we’re riding weightlessly through rainbows, and they're bright.



"The true harvest of my life is intangible- a little star dust caught, a portion of the rainbow I have clutched" ~Henry David Thoreau

Find your rainbow, clutch it, and enjoy the ride.

Happy Rainbow Riding,

Em

3 comments:

  1. Oh my word, STUNNING PICTURES!! Looks like such a fabulous time. I have to go one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your photos. I'm sure you can hang up lots of your photos from Hawaii on your walls at home and work in some paintings. Glad you are having a great time! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete