What better way to soak up the month of Love, than to celebrate the soon-to-be birth of a friend’s baby?
To throw a baby shower, of course!
And so we did. A few friends and I gathered to honor E’s little bambino with a Mustache Bash. It was small and intimate, personal and homey --just the way she wanted it.
The shower was themed around all things little man --pinstripes, bow ties, and of course, mustaches!
Here are some of the decorations and how-to’s that we incorporated into the theme.
- fold the tissue in a front to back motion (like an accordion)
- cut the tissue in half, then secure each one in the middle with a pipe cleaner, wire, or string
- carefully spread out the layers of tissue. The more tissue you use, the fuller your pom will be
"boy, oh, boy" banner printed on card-stock paper and hung on twine --I designed this in photoshop. It's super easy, but if you'd like this FREE printable banner, I will email it to you.
If you'd like a FREE printable of this, I'll email it to you.
- wrap twine tightly around the wreath form
- modpodge your choice of paper onto a plain wooden letter and cut off the excess, then hot glue the letter onto the wreath
- make your bow tie out of 2" ribbon and attach with hot glue
and for the frosting on the cake (literally), here is my Cream Cheese Frosting recipe. It’s delish; you won’t be disappointed.
Elizabeth, I hope you enjoyed your baby shower! I can't wait to meet your new little mister man!
I will return later this week with a birthday post, deployment post, and another Project Pretty.