24 November 2013

DIY Sun-Bleached Headboard {Project Pretty}


I'm in the process of getting Will's room put together. As some of you know, we moved across base back in May to the SNCO Housing-- same style house, just a little bigger.

I juggle back and forth between an ocean/surf theme and a woodland/rustic theme. With that said, this headboard is perfect because it's versatile to fit many themes for your growing guy.
 
  
What you'll need:
(All items purchased from Lowes)



*TIP: I searched for the most beat up looking boards. I think it adds interest.



Steps:

  1. Cut all of your wood in half
  2. Line the studs at the exact distance of your bed frame
  3. Nail your six boards onto the studs. Use wood filler to hide the nail heads
  4. Stain each piece with your Sun-Bleached stain
  5. After it dries, apply a layer of white glaze
  6. Paint on your script
  7. Brush on your sealer
  8. Wait 24 hours before screwing your headboard onto your bed frame

*TIP: write your word in chalk first. This way you can see what it'll look like and make changes if necessary before you permanently add paint.

To see the adult version, click here.


Here's what we have going on in Will's room thus far. There's still so much that I want to do to his room, like paint his dresser, change the curtains, and add Euro shams.

Fact: It'll change a million times before I'm satisfied with it's final look, but I'll fill you in as I go.



I made this tee-pee and campfire set for William last Christmas, so if you're interested, I'll compile a tutorial, along with the book ledge and the yarn initial.



Happy Building!

Love, Emmie



2 comments:

  1. That headboard turned out great. Hope you have a great day!

    Heidi’s Wanderings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!! Hoping to get some more updates of his room posted soon :)

      Delete