01 January 2012

More.

2012. Here you are, in all of your glory. It’s the dawn of a new day. A new year. A new beginning.

*****Bedazzle me*****

My resolutions this year aren’t so much about changing old habits, but lifestyle changes-- positive changes, simple changes, small changes that add up to something big in the end; something so grand that 2013 will have a hard time competing.

I’m whipping myself up, people. Meaning, I resolve to…

  • Exercise more
  • Make better eating choices
  • Organize
  • More DIY projects
  • More photography, painting, and writing
  • Be Better. Be Happier. Be carefree.
  • More going. More seeing. More doing.

I want so much more in life. I want to be so full of extraordinary things that I’m bursting at the seams. I want more of the same, but yet I want it all to be completely different and new and fresh, untarnished. I want to be surrounded by lovely happy people who puts a smile on my face, and likewise, I put a smile on theirs. I want to be inspired, and in turn, inspire others. I want to live in peace, with sunshine on my face and the wind on my back.

A friend posted a statement on Facebook, and I think it’s the perfect way to bring in the New Year. It goes something like this,

Be Fearless. If you make one resolution this year, let it be to live boldly. You control this moment: rather than cautiously test the water, dive straight into life with freeing ambition. Imagine the person you want to be and the life you want to live, then simply commit to them. Believe in yourself. Embrace your beauty. Discover a new passion. And whatever you do, wherever you go, don’t be afraid to make a splash.

Here’s to more in 2012!

Happy New Year,

Em

1 comment: