22 June 2012

We've Arrived.

After five hours of a restless night’s sleep, I painfully awoke to a 6am alarm clock. It’s a big day for us, huge actually….

“Now boarding Group 4”, said the stewardess over the intercom.

“Here are go kids.” I excitedly exclaimed. I flung our carry-on bags, a diaper bag, and the laptop over my shoulders, while quickly shoveling two kids to make our way onto the plane. It was a good flight; check-in was pie, we had an easy layover, I seamlessly navigated around the Dallas Airport –on my own, thankyouverymuch-- and for the most part William was a mellow toddler. I couldn’t have asked for a better flight experience, except for the woman who was yelling and filing a complaint with the flight attendant because they switched her seat with William’s so I could sit beside my two year old, and yet American Air wouldn’t seat my nine year old with me, but did I yell and throw a fit? No… but that’s another story for another time.

As soon as we hit Hawaiian soil, my mom greeted us with fresh leis made from a tree in her front yard.  The smell of plumeria filled air, the sky was vibrant blue, and the foliage was lush-- I know this trip is going to be a dream and just what we need to recharge our batteries.

my mom with Krysta and William
 
my mom's plumeria tree

As the sun began to dip, it transformed the sky into the perfect shade of pink, causing a magnetic force that drove us closer to the water. We piled in my mom’s car and hightailed it to Ana Moana –and when I say “hightailed it”, I really mean 20 mph because it’s bumper to bumper in Honolulu.

When we pulled into the Marina, I’m pretty sure I died right then and there because the view was nothing short of heaven. There were hundreds of boats, crystal clear water, white sand, palm trees, and glistening city lights. And to top that off, in the background there were sounds of beating drums and people cheering surrounded by burning tiki light from a luau off in the dark distance. 








And now here we are, our very first sunset in Hawaii.

I will be back later this week with a post about Krysta’s dance recital.

Aloha,

Em



8 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun for you to be in Hawaii. Loved the photos as well! Have a good time. You need it! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I hope you enjoy the rest of your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! Your pictures are amazing. Looks like heaven to me. HOpe every second is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those things would have helped boost my self esteem. Most of the guests will enjoy getting
    a chance to relive their childhood by playing the adult version of this game.
    The game is usually found to be played by all ages all around the globe, mostly in colonies between family members
    and friends to spend some time with each other along with the game play which
    rather doesn. either directly behind, or off to the side a little.
    They include parasailing, snorkeling, scuba diving, windsurfing,
    etc.

    Also visit my website fun and stuff locations

    ReplyDelete
  6. click here for more info buy replica bags browse around this website replica bags online important source bag replica high quality

    ReplyDelete